Permanent Mission of Tanzania to the United Nations Office in Geneva, is the office in charge of maintaining diplomatic relations between the United Republic of Tanzania and United Nations Offices and other International Organizations in Geneva.
The Permanent Mission also provides consular services to Tanzanian nationals living in Switzerland and residents of Switzerland.
Tanzania is a country endowed with worldwide renowned tourist attractions i.e. Mount Kilimanjaro, Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Selous Game Reserve, the historic ruins of Bagamoyo and Kilwa and the beautiful Spice Islands of Zanzibar with its famous pristine beaches. And last but not least the home of the Kiswahili language.
Economically Tanzania is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Over last decade we have experienced an average of 7% GDP growth mostly due from our vast natural resource wealth and tourism. Recent discoveries of natural gas on land and offshore also discoveries of helium gas have made Tanzania one of the most vibrant economies in the region.
The Permanent Mission strives to promote investments, trade, tourism and other fields in a manner that would enhance Tanzania’s prosperity
The Permanent Missio'n responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A. Political Matters
- Maintenance, promotion and expansion of good political relations between Tanzania and UN (and also Austria)
- Promotion and defense of the political and economic interests of Tanzania in UN (and also Austria)
- Promotion and defense of the interests of Tanzanian citizens in UN (and also Austria)
B. Consular Matters
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania national abroad
- Issuance of Emergence Travel documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
D. Other Matters
- Represents the country in Austria
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our accreditation
- Promoting cultural exchanges between Tanzania and other countries in the area of our accreditation
- Educational and Scientific cooperation